Key tasks and responsabilities
- Support in developing a communication strategy and general coordination of the communication activities
- Day-to-day administrative management of the Association in support of and reporting directly to the Secretary General, including :
- Administrative and financial aspects
- HR management
- Logistics and IT
- Support to administrative and financial management of various EU funded projects
- Contribute to the development of the Association in terms of membership and communication
- Responsible for the editing of ACR+ newsletters and for website updates
Qualifications, skills, experience:
- Education: university degree or equivalent with relevant knowledge regarding European affairs and communication
- Minimum 2 years successful relevant professional experience
- Work experience in an international association and/or EU funded projects is an asset
- Language skills: Very good command of English (native level) and French, any additional language is an asset
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills
- Autonomous, pro-active and organised multi-tasker
- Proficiency in using multimedia tools for meetings, communication and training
- Strong interest for the development of resource efficiency and waste management expertise at the level of local and regional authorities.
Terms and conditions:
- Place of work: ACR+ Brussels secretariat, Brussels, Belgium
- Full time job under permanent contract
The selection procedure includes a screening of CVs, interviews and tests and a final evaluation by the Secretary General of ACR+.
Please send your job application including a letter of motivation, a detailed CV and 2 relevant references
Due to the large number of applications we receive for each posting, we are unable to provide feedback on all applications. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Starting date: As soon as possible
We are offering an internship position as Project and Communication assistant. The successful candidates will be part of the ACR+ Secretariat team in Brussels.
The intern will work half-time as a communication assistant and half-time as a project assistant on communication tasks for the European Week for Waste Reduction project (ACR+ flagship and EU funded project).
Key tasks and responsabilities
• Elaborating and sending newsletters on a weekly basis
• Drafting, designing and sending mass mailings
• Drafting of press releases and other external communication
• Managing social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook)
Additional tasks include:
• Web content management, taking care of daily website updates for ACR+ and project websites
• Translation tasks
• Proofreading tasks
• Assisting in event organisation
• Following up on all activities related to the projects
• Drafting technical papers, news, articles and information material
• Elaborating and disseminating communication tools: leaflets, newsletters, posters, etc.
Degree in Communication, Public Relations or Marketing is preferred
Other degrees (EU law, economics or politics; environmental topics) and a basic knowledge/interest in communication
Perfectly fluent in English (native speaker or equivalent), very good knowledge of French, any other language an asset
• Computer skills:
Obligatory: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Asset: Basic knowledge in graphic design and web management
• Other skills:
Excellent drafting skills
Good knowledge of social media
High interest in ACR+ themes and activities
Organised working style, detail-oriented, pro-active attitude
Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
Terms and Conditions
This is an unpaid internship and a full-time position starting as soon as possible at ACR+ Secretariat in Brussels. The duration will be six months.
A limited reimbursement of costs will be provided (300€ + public transport ticket within Brussels). The intern will be granted two days of holidays per month, amounting to 12 days in total for the duration of the internship.
Send you cover letter and CV by e-mail to Ms Giovanna Finocchiaro at
A selection procedure by e-mail will be organised for the shortlisted candidates. Due to the large number of applications we receive for each posting, we are unable to provide feedback on all applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.