In order to increase the selective collection of waste in Barcelona metropolis ACR+ member the Area Metropolitana Barcelona is pushing municipalities to adopt systems that help individualize the collection, such as door-to-door or intelligent containers. The new paradigm aims at facilitating a change in the habits of the population in the coming years. The goal is that by 2025 all the metropolitan municipalities must implement an individualization system for the collection of waste that allows users to identify and link the type and quantity of waste produced individually.

The metropolitan waste treatment rate will also be reformulated based on the waste generated by citizens and whether they separate more or less well. This payment per generation will include both the generated waste by households, which account for 60% of the total, and commercial waste, which represent the remaining 40%.
Source: (in Catalan

Back to Members News

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.